Monday, September 3, 2012

Spitfire body is on rotisserie

Big milestone today, the body tub finally moved from sitting on top the parts car to the homemade rotisserie. I can now start painting and fixing it.


Quite happy with the design, and spending time to get a good guess at positioning the brackets was worth it as it pretty well balanced and rotates without too much effort.


Thought I would ask a couple of friends to help but in the end just installed it myself with the help of the engine hoist.


Looks good or what ? Now I can start welding sheet metal :-)






3 comments:

  1. The body tub rotisserie is a great piece, but I think the measures of this tool (if they exist)would be great for other people too.
    Can you post it please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, i sure will. Give me a couple of days to sketch something.

      Delete