Saturday, April 16, 2011

Purchased !

I have always been a fan of English cars but now that I live in the US I was browsing through the ads to find a pure muscle and what do I see, a 1967 mk3 spitfire for restoration. I used to own a spitfire 1500 and probably always secretly wished I had a mk3 since the day Craig showed up with a baby blue mk3 in front of my house...

Went to see the car a first and the owner is a really nice man that just doesn't have time to work on all his projects. Fine I'll take that one of your hands ! Second trip with the money and a trailer and ride the baby home. 

 

Now it's in my garage I realize how small the car is, it's great I'll have lots of space to move around. It looks so easy compared to previous cars, can't wait to work on it, but I know it wont be as easy at it looks


A view of the inside below, the seats are in incredibly good condition, they have probably been redone at some stage


Other side of the engine, sorry for the poor photo with flash but that one is interesting, we can see the original color of the car : Triumph royal blue. Love that color and it will look stunning once restored to original.

No comments:

Post a Comment