Sunday, September 16, 2012

Spitfire rotisserie blueprint

Some have asked, so here is some more info on the rotisserie. Use it to make your own from whatever materials you have available, many have been built out of wood, not a problem as long as you adapt the design to make it solid enough. I wanted a strong one that I can easily move and can re-use on future projects with different cars, hence the large size and beefy build.

Overall if I had to redo it I would make it not so tall, and the centre of gravity it a bit to high and the part with the top of the car is heavier, I pushed it up as there is more metal on the bottom part of the car but you would probably want to do an inch lower.

Front and side blueprint with dimensions

Here is a general view of the rear support and mounting

The rear mounting bracket, attached inside the trunk to where the bumpers support normally bolt onto as I wanted to keep the underside free so I could work on it


Front support, you can see the locking system

 Bolt system to lock the channel in place, makes for a solid assembly


No comments:

Post a Comment