Saturday, January 28, 2012

Broken intake manifold heater pipe

Went for an other ride around the block, car starts so well now, what a pleasure to start on first key turn, choke on full for 5 seconds, then half way for 10 - 20 seconds then that's it. When back, proceeded to removing the vinegar and replacing by water to get a good flush of the engine. While I was at it I decided I would fit the new water hoses...

The good thing with vinegar is that it will clean the inside. The bad thing is that it will dissolve rusty things that were held just by rust... that's what happened to the intake manifold heater pipe. I have a little piece of tube pushed in there for now so I can run the engine but that will be something to fix during the real restoration. Starting very soon by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment