Saturday, September 9, 2017

Spitfire wheel alignement

Whit brand new tires, didn't want to wait too long to do a proper full wheel alignment and confirm that the car is straight.

I had done the string technique but for knowing really all the angles on camber, alignment etc... a proper machine and operator seems the way to go


Appart from the tie rod, all the other adjustments are done by inserting spacers between the suspension and the frame or body. I had plenty of spare spacers.

In the end we removed all the spacers from the front and left 1 and 2 on the rear.
They said my rear seemed too low but then were not far from target values at around -3, so I plan to remove 1 spacer (between the rear diff and spring - I currently have 2) once the rear spring buttons have worn out a bit.



They left me with a sheet of all current settings and I could take photos of the book they had showing specs for spitfire mk4.

They recommended I inflate the tires a bit more than in the manual (1.5 bar front / 1.8 rear) since we now drive a lot faster around corners than in these days and could start with 1.8 all around and adjust based on tire wear.

Was a bit expensive but super happy to have front and rear alignment in order and now know for sure that the car is not twisted or anything !

Now I can drive the car to work on sunny days, I for sure get noticed in traffic :-)
Shame it's already September.




No comments:

Post a Comment