Saturday, September 9, 2017

Spitfire wheels and bits

With a third gear I was able to now focus on making the car easier (and less dangerous) to drive.

Prority 1 the wheels. Tires were of course old but as well the wrong size.
See, I had 165/80 when the correct for this car are 155/80


I removed the old tires and ordered 4 Toyo NanoEnergy 3 155/80 R13 from one of the online places. They had michelin available as well but these seemed good enough and cheaper. 130 euros for 4 new tires, can't beat that on a modern car as they are so much bigger.

I got the 4 wheels sandblasted at a local place and powder coated in the area by sablage2000. They were super nice, did a good job and were reasonably priced.

Final result, car handles so much better and has tons of grip !
Now I can start driving more often and further :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment